Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Why You Just Got Unfriended



In the past couple of weeks I have seen and heard more people talking about quitting Facebook or "unfriending" people than all the years I have been on it, and I'm guessing you know why.

Instead of being a medium to keep family and friends in communication with each other - over the past year(s)  facebook has become a couple of new things...

1.  The most annoying game server of all time.
2.  A place for people in a fit of  passive-aggressiveness to yell at people without looking them in the eye.

Last week was a very near breaking point for me as I read the posts that went across my news feed. Instead of reading messages about the love, grace, and compassion of Jesus, there was A LOT of political bickering and hostility. 

I know that we all have opinions, and that the subjects that were discussed are important and shouldn't be ignored.  BUT WHAT A MISSED OPPORTUNITY.

I mean... it was Easter.

Yes, there are things happening in the world that I am concerned about.  But... isn't my God bigger than anything in this world?   Wouldn't my time be better spent showing Jesus' love to others?  It's more compelling than any argument I can come up with anyway.

1 John 3:16 -18 This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers.  If anyone has this world’s goods and sees his brother in need but closes his eyes to his need—how can God’s love reside in him?  Little children, we must not love with word or speech, but with truth and action.

No comments:

Post a Comment